Saturday, March 19, 2011

my daughter Ashmita Reception






Reception – Blue Theme – The reception decoration & garlands were all centered on the theme set by my daughter Ashmita. She defined the theme as BLUE, blue being her & Rakshith’s favourite colour. Apurva, my niece and my family then successfully executed the concept, ensuring that even the garlands and the bridal bouquet had blue flowers in them. We ensured that the theme reflected everywhere in the venue, the stage, the chairs, Rakshith & Ashmita’s attires and well the cake & the flowers. The reception was attended by everyone close to the families, right from my childhood friends, closest relatives to my professors & colleagues with over 800 people. The reception was a grand success, and I owe the success to Mr. Premkumar of Shanmuga Caterers, Mr. Sivaram of Annapurva Events and Mr. Mohanlal (Orchestra).
A universal color, Blue has a calming and soothing effect on the psyche. Blue is associated with intelligence, stability, unity and conservatism.

1 comment: